To the Top of the world (2007) 74mins, Films made with Moho (Anime Studio) [2/8]
AKA Até ao Tecto do Mundo, Cine-Clube de Avanca, Czech Republic
'To the Top of the world' is a children's film. In a Kingdom in which everything is forbidden, the King builds an endless tower in the castle, while the forest, supplier of all materials, is being decimated. The young protagonist of the film tries to save the forest, but ... falls in love ...
This was the first feature-length Portuguese animated film, with the support of the Camões Institute and the ICA / Ministry of Culture and created in the Aveiro University.
Produced by Avanca's Cine-Club and performed by Carlos Silva, Costa Valente and Vitor Lopes, it made its debut in 2009 in Guinea-Bissau where it was shown in several cities.
Since 2008, it has been exhibited in festivals in several countries, and has been awarded in Canada and the United States of America.
Directed by :
- Antonio Costa Valente (co-director)
- Vitor Lopes (co-director)
- Carlos Silva (co-director)
- Bridge Fest Vancouver, Canada (2008) - 2nd Best Film
- Twin Rivers Media Festival, North Carolina (2008) - 6th Best
- Indie Film Fest USA, USA (2008) - Best Foreign Film
- Animatu - Digital Animation Film Festival, Portugal (2007)
- Cannes, France (2008)
- International Festival of Hiroshima Animation, Japan (2008)
- Chinn India Kids film Festival, India (2008)
- International Festival NUEVA MIRADA, Argentina (2008)
- Wildwood by the Sea Film Festival, USA (2008)
- Film Festival for Youth Rimouski, Canada (2008)
- Film Festival for Children and Youth Zlín, Czech Republic (2008)
- Film Festival for the Childhood and Youth of Hamadan, Iran (2008)
Making of video - Shows Moho (Anime Studio) in use.